The AMA SERVSIG would like to request nominations for the
Christopher Lovelock Career Contribution Award 2024
The “Christopher Lovelock Career Contributions to the Services Discipline Award” is presented annually by SERVSIG to the individual whose teaching, research and service have had the greatest long-term impact on the development of the services discipline.
To be eligible for this award, candidates must meet the following criteria:
(1) career contributions of the candidates should be of long duration, preferably 20 or longer; contributions to the services discipline should be (2) significant, (3) frequent, and (4) include recent contributions.
The nomination for a candidate for the award should include:
– Only one nomination letter, no longer than double-spaced four pages signed by those who support the nomination (self-nominations are not eligible).
– A current vita for the nominated scholar or a web link to an online vita.
All material needs to be submitted electronically to the selection committee chair.
– Candidates for a SERVSIG Award do not have to be a member of SERVSIG or the AMA to be eligible for the award.
– Candidates may be from anywhere in the world. Since its inception SERVSIG has sought to be globally oriented and globally active.
– Candidates for the awards do not have to be academics. SERVSIG recognizes the vital link between academia and business practice.
Each year, SERVSIG appoints a panel of scholars to serve as the selection committee. The panel solicits nominations from the service community, and selects the recipient of the award. Criteria to be used to determine contribution include career length, significance of contributions to the global service research and community, as well research frequency and recency.
SERVSIG would like to thank the following members for their willingness to serve on this year’s selection committee:
– Martin Wetzels (Chair) – France
– Joe Conduit – Australia
– Wafa Hammedi – Belgium
– Mahesh Subramony – USA
If you would like to nominate someone for this award, please email your nomination letter to the Selection Committee Chair Martin Wetzels no later than January 31, 2024.
Past winners can be viewed by clicking here
We look forward to receiving your nominations soon!
Sertan Kabadayi and Kristina Heinonen
Photo by Kelly Sikkema.