Call for Papers for a Special Issue of the Journal of Service Research.
Guest Editors: Aksoy L., Keiningham T. & Edward Malthouse E.
Deadline: 1 March 2022
The Journal of Service Research (JSR) invites competitive article submissions for a special issue on Sustainable Service. The goal of the special issue is to stimulate research on service sustainability. JSR is broad, interdisciplinary, and impactful. It welcomes submissions from all disciplines with a service interest, and its most recent two-year impact factor is 10.67, which places it eighth overall among all business journals.
Service should be sustainable, and service research must be socially responsible. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) —and specifically the UN Global Compact — calls on companies to adopt sustainable and socially responsible policies to solve systemic societal and environmental issues such as accelerated climate change, pollution, and inequality. Moreover, the investment community is developing and adopting Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) metrics to guide responsible investment efforts (see also: Customers are Responsible Investors).
The special issue welcomes submissions from all disciplines with a service interest. Potential topics include, but are not limited to service research that focuses on:
– Enabling sustainable service via data and technology
– Making social media responsible and sustainable
– Service inclusion and equality
– Direct and indirect stakeholders of sustainable service
– Minimizing greenwashing and brown washing through service communication practices
– Infusing service sustainability into the service climate
– Generating customer recognition and demand for sustainable service
– Cultivating sustainable ecosystems
– Redesigning business processes to include new technologies to reduce an organization’s environmental footprint and use resources more efficiently
– Using data and technologies to quantify and price sustainable service
– Driving sustainable (customer-perceived and/or objective) service
Papers will undergo no more than two stages of full peer review. After the second round of review, a final decision will be made, to ensure the timeliness of publication. The special issue operates on a tight timeline, and authors should expect quick turnaround for reviews and revisions. The special issue is planned to be published in February 2023 and accepted papers will be published online first.