International Conference on
CHALLENGES IN MANAGING SMART PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (CHIMSPAS)
24-25 August 2023
Deadline for submission: 3 April 2023
Smart products and services are about to transform both markets and companies. Since 2019, scientists discuss corresponding managerial issues during the Conference on Challenges in Managing Smart Products and Services (CHIMSPAS, see videos from 2019 and 2022). CHIMSPAS 2023 will take place on-site in Bielefeld, a lovely town in the center of East Westphalia.
In these past years, a vivid community of researchers with various backgrounds, especially from the fields of service management, innovation management, and business information systems, emerged. Again, we cordially invite researchers and practitioners from these and other management fields as well as from other disciplines such as engineering, psychology, or law to join us for another CHIMSPAS event. We welcome conceptual, empirical, and analytical works to be presented at CHIMSPAS. Possible contributions should be submitted as extended abstracts. Both completed research and work in progress are eligible.
Awards for the most influential conference contributions will be presented during the conference.
Topics of Interest
– Business Information Systems Engineering (e.g., establishing smart service platforms)
– Entrepreneurship (e.g., collaboration with startups in developing smart products)
– Human Resource Management (e.g., new skills required, new working styles or cultural norms)
– Innovation and Technology Management (e.g., barriers to smart product adoption and diffusion, acquisition of required technologies)
– Logistics (e.g., continuous tracking of products w.r.t. location, current condition, environment)
– Marketing (e.g., finer customer segmentation, better after-sale service, novel pricing strategies)
– Organization (e.g., new organizational structures to coordinate units more closely)
– Production (e.g., predictive analytics enabling service innovation in manufacturing, industry 4.0)
– Services Management (e.g., smart service systems)
– Strategic Management (e.g., new business model, importance of data, open or closed system)
Authors should submit their abstracts (maximum of 500 words) by April 3, 2023. Further information regarding the submission will be available at the beginning of 2023 on our conference website (www.chimspas.de). There will be no publicly available conference proceedings and, thus, abstract submission to the conference do not impede submission of the full paper to a journal afterwards.
Submission Deadline: April 3, 2023
Authors Notification: End of April 2023
Early Bird register closing date: May 31, 2023
Final registration date for all presenting authors: June 15, 2023
Conference: August 24–25, 2022
• Nicola Bilstein, JProf., Management of Smart Products, Bielefeld University
• Christian Stummer, Prof., Innovation and Technology Management, Bielefeld University