Marketing Department at emlyon business school
Full-time position in Services Marketing and Customer Experience Management (Associate / Full professor level)
To participate to the development of its programs, emlyon business school is seeking highly motivated candidates, who demonstrate pedagogical excellence in Services Marketing and Customer Experience Management.
Applications are invited at Associate or Full Professor level – primary focus on teaching – beginning full time in September 2023 in Lyon / Ecully campus, with possible travels to the other French campuses (Paris, Saint-Étienne).
Have in mind that the position does require to speak some French.
Teaching opportunities will be mostly focused at the undergraduate (BBA), master and executive level. Responsibilities for this position include capabilities to design and manage courses in customer experience management, service marketing and service quality and to coordinate a network of academic and professional lecturers. Regularly publishing in professional and/or academic journals is another requirement of this position.
emlyon business school, one of the leading French Grandes Ecoles in Management, has consistently been ranked among the top European Business Schools and among the top 100 best universities and business schools of the world, in the latest Shanghai ranking. In the Management category, the school is also among the top 3 best French business schools.
As a world-class institution, emlyon is home to a faculty of 170 highly qualified professors whose research inform prevailing scientific conversations as well as economic and social debates. These professors share and diffuse their knowledge and expertise with all our participants via innovative pedagogical designs. The school counts six campuses around the world: Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Paris, Shanghai, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai.
The selected candidate will closely collaborate with our existing team of professors and researchers in the Marketing Department.
We are looking for candidates with the following characteristics:
– Ph.D. / doctorate degree in marketing or related area.
– Evidence of excellent teaching achievements in Services Marketing and Customer Experience Management topics at different levels.
– Ability to merge theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and manage relationships with practitioners.
– Proven capacity to take on courses’ pedagogical responsibilities, including the ability to manage a portfolio of external lecturers.
– Desire to collaborate in a collegial and dynamic teaching and research team.
– Desire and ability to support junior level colleagues.
– Evidence of the capacity to publish in management journals as from international accreditations requirements.
– Willingness to travel among our other French campuses (Paris, St. Etienne).
The candidate will be expected to contribute to and is regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) teaching and student supervision, (2) research performance, and (3) institutional service (e.g., administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply. The position involves teaching in French and English at all levels, mainly at undergraduate and master level.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. emlyon business school has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
More info here.