Deadline: 28 February 2020
KEDGE Business School is a vibrant business school with four campuses in France (Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille and Toulon), two in China (Shanghai and Suzhou) and one in Africa (Dakar). KEDGE Business School offers an international environment, which includes 12,600 students (25% foreign students), 183 full-time faculty members (44% of whom are international) and 275 international academic partners. Ranked 33rd amongst European Business Schools and 37th worldwide for the Executive MBA by the Financial Times, KEDGE Business School is AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and a member of the French Conférence des Grandes Écoles.
KEDGE Business School seeks to fill up to seven PhD positions in fields of research that are closely related to its Centres of Excellence:
– Corporate Social Responsibility
– Supply Chain
– Food, Wine and Hospitality
Required Profile for the PhD position
– A master’s degree, preferably in Management Studies or Economics,
– Proofs of Fluency in English,
– A passion for research,
– Ability to work independently,
– An interest in the topics on which research is being undertaken by KEDGE’s Centres of Excellence
In addition to these formal requirements, candidates for the programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interviews with the potential supervisors.
– Approximately 50% of the position’s time will be dedicated to the completion of doctoral studies
– Approximately 50% of the position’s time will be dedicated to providing teaching and research support
Conditions of employment
Our PhD positions are fully funded for a period of up to 4 years. Appointed PhD candidates are employees of KEDGE Business School and will receive a salary of approx. EUR 1900 per month gross, including health care benefits. Following the 3-paper model, a PhD thesis at KEDGE consists of three related academic papers, which are presented at leading conferences and ultimately submitted to high-quality academic journals. The PhD programme offers extensive training in research methods; students are also encouraged to regularly attend research seminars. Our PhD students furthermore are expected to teach on undergraduate and masters’ courses, which are normally undertaken in English. Training in pedagogy is also available. Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a duration of up to four years. The PhD positions are intended to start 1 September 2020.
Applications will be reviewed in two selection rounds. The application deadline for the first round is 28 February 2020, for the second it is 10 May 2020.
Please note that all positions may be filled during the first round. We reserve the right to cancel the second one. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview, which can be via Skype, with two faculty members of KEDGE.
Submit the following documents:
– Statement of purpose (Cover letter)
– Curriculum Vitae
– Proposal of a potential thesis topic (the candidate should in particular identify a potential advisor among the professors from the Centres of Excellence and check that the person is available as a supervisor)
– Grade reports of your MA and BA degrees.
– A pdf copy of your MA thesis or other research-oriented output (e.g. BA thesis, seminar papers, etc.). This work must be single-authored.
– At least one reference letter
Additional information can be obtained from
– Prof. Lutz Preuss, Director of the PhD Programme
– Prof. Ralf Barkemeyer, Head of the CSR Centre of Excellence
– Prof. Frédéric Prévot, Head of the Marketing Centre of Excellence
– Prof. Gautier Stauffer, Head of the Centre of Excellence in Supply Chain
– Prof. Olivier Gergaud, Head Food of Wine and Hospitality Center of Excellence
More info here.