Deadline: January 15th, 2020
Fordham University’s Gabelli School of Business is inviting research applications for Gabelli School of Business – PVH Corp. Global Thought Leadership Grant. This co-branded grant targets at research topics on challenges and opportunities in corporate social responsibility (CSR). It will support academic research that is practically relevant and contributes to the academic literature. The purpose is to raise awareness of corporate social responsibility as a research area, enable the field of CSR to gain more visibility, determine key priorities through academic research, and engage conversations between academia and practitioners.
The grant will award two research projects in the academic year 2019/2020, with each project receiving $30,000 upfront and an additional bonus of $20,000 upon publication in a top top-tier FT-listed journal. Payments will be made directly to the recipients. This grant does not in any way preclude subsequent publication of the research in the journals of the recipients’ choices. The recipients should agree to acknowledge this grant in all publications and presentations and travel to New York to present the research at the annual Business and Sustainability Conference at Fordham University’s Gabelli School of Business.
The grant is funded by the Gabelli School of Business – PVH Corp. partnership. Fordham University’s Gabelli School of Business is the only Jesuit business school in New York City. The Mission of the School is to inspire and empower positive global change; developing students into compassionate business leaders and supporting faculty and students in the ongoing generation of new knowledge. Its vision is to become a world leader in social innovation by inspiring and equipping its graduates to be business leaders who understand the challenges in sustainability facing businesses and the potential of harnessing the power of social responsibility for both financial success and societal impact. PVH Corp. is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. It powers brands that drive fashion forward – for good. It’s brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo, Warner’s, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric True & Co. intimates brand.
Proposals should contain a detailed outline of the research and an explanation of its contribution to both the academic and industry, including:
• A cover page with title, names of authors, addresses and affiliation;
• An abstract of up to 150 words;
• A statement of the research objectives and contributions;
• A detailed description of the research method and expected results;
• A proposed timetable for completing the paper;
• A copy of (each) researcher’s resume;
A scientific committee will select the winners from the submitted proposals. The committee members are:
• Ms. Melanie Steiner, Chief Risk Officer, PVH Corp.
• Ms. Christina Alfandary, Managing Director, GAMCO Investors, Inc. (to be confirmed)
• Ms. Christina Alfonso Ercan, CEO, Madeira Global
• Dr. Rajdeep Grewal, Townsend Family Distinguished Professor of Marketing, University of North Carolina
• Dr. Don Siegel, Foundation Professor of Public Policy and Management, Arizona State University
• Dr. Yongtae Kim, Robert and Barbara McCullough Professor of Accounting, Santa Clara University
• Dr. Chen Lin, Stelux Professor of Finance, Hong Kong University
• Dr. Lerzan Aksoy, Professor of Marketing, Fordham University
• Dr. An Yan, Professor of Finance, Fordham University
Read more on Social Innovation at the Gabelli School of Business.