Opportunities for Services in a Challenging World
14-16 June, 2018
IÉSEG School of Management
Paris-La Défense Campus, France
The 10th SERVSIG conference will take place at IÉSEG School of Management’s Paris campus, situated within the Grande Arche of La Défense, in sight of the Arc de Triomphe. The co-chairs of SERVSIG 2018 conference invite scholars having interest in the service research discipline to share their latest research on new challenges for the service industry.
SERVSIG 2018 will provide the opportunity to researchers to disseminate knowledge on emerging trends in service research. It is an ideal opportunity to meet with peers and exchange ideas to enrich your work with valuable feedback in a unique setting and atmosphere.
This will be a festive conference edition in which both the 25th anniversary of SERVSIG and the 10th SERVSIG conference will be celebrated.
Don’t miss this event and save the dates!
Deadline for Abstract Submissions:
November 15, 2017
January 31, 2018
February 1, 2018
Early Bird Registration Deadline:
March 31, 2018
Registration Deadline for Presenting Authors:
April 30, 2018
June 14-16, 2018
SERVSIG 2018 welcomes submissions in the form of papers, works in progress, and ideas for special sessions. Your innovative content should be submitted using the SERVSIG 2018 online system. Click on “Online Submission” within the Submission header to submit your work. All submissions will be reviewed via a double-blind process. Authors will be informed by email before January 31st, 2018. Extended abstracts (1500 words) will be published for accepted papers and shorter 500-word abstracts will be published for accepted work in progress within the SERVSIG 2018 conference materials.
Awards will be presented for the “Best Paper,” the “Best work in progress” and the “Best Work based on a Doctoral Dissertation” (paper or work in progress) at SERVSIG 2018.
SERVSIG 2018 invites the submission of materials in the following formats:
- Papers: Interested authors should submit an extended abstract about their research not exceeding 1500 words. The abstract should outline the relevance of the phenomenon being studied, potential contributions to the field, the research question(s), theoretical foundations, conceptual framework, methodology, findings, discussion, and conclusion.
- Works in progress: Interested authors should submit an abstract, not exceeding 500 words, about their work in progress. The abstract should introduce the phenomenon, its theoretical foundations, the methodology and findings, and discussion and conclusion.
- Special Sessions: Interested presenters should prepare a proposal for a special session, not to exceed 500 words. Special sessions are designed to generate a focused discussion of a relevant and novel topic. The format can be a traditional session, but other innovative and interactive formats are especially welcome. The proposal submission should specify the topic and format of the special session and should designate a special session chair. Special session papers (or any other relevant materials) will be included in the SERVSIG 2018 conference materials.
All contributions must be double-spaced Microsoft Word documents using ARIAL 12-point font.
SERVSIG 2018 welcomes papers, works in progress and proposals for special sessions within the following conference themes:
- Big Data Enabled Services
- Branding and Service Communications
- Business-to-Business Services
- Consumer (Mis)Behavior in Services
- Customer Experience in Services
- Digital Services and Social Media
- Internationalization in Services
- Mobile Services
- New Analytical Approaches in Service Research
- Public and Non-Profit Services
- Service Design and Service Innovation
- Service Dominant Logic
- Service Networks and Systems
- Service Operations Management and Supply Chains
- Service Productivity
- Service Recovery and Complaint Management
- Service Relationships
- Servicescapes and Service Environments
- Sports Services
- Sustainability in Services
- Tourism Services
- Transformative and Health Services
Please note that this list is not exhaustive. We are open to any submission exploring new and emerging trends in services marketing.
Submission of (substantially) overlapping papers, works in progress and special session proposals to SERVSIG 2018 is not permitted.
At least one of the authors of a paper, work in progress or special session should register for SERVSIG 2018.
Registration will open on: February 1st, 2018.
Authors should specify who will present the paper or work in progress. Each author may present no more than two papers or works in progress, though can be co-authors on more than two papers or works in progress.
All papers, works in progress and special session proposal sessions will be reviewed using a double-blind process.
More information here