The Journal of Service Management Research is an interdisciplinary journal that provides critical accounts of the latest developments in key areas of service research. We explicitly pursue an interdisciplinary research agenda, and we welcome contributions from disciplines other than management, including engineering, psychology, and economics, as long as they address economic topics related to service research.
We cordially welcome submissions of original research articles, conceptual papers, and empirical studies that address economic topics related to service research. In addition to regular research papers, we also accept Special Research Papers which can comprise a compilation of comments or viewpoints. Our editorial team also encourages proposals for Special Issues.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
– Service innovation and design
– Service quality and customer satisfaction
– Service marketing and customer experience management
– Service operations and supply chain management
– Service-oriented business models and strategies
– Service ecosystems and platforms
We welcome contributions that explore these topics from different disciplinary perspectives and use a variety of methodological approaches. All submissions will undergo a rigorous peer-review process to ensure the highest quality standards.
– Manuscripts should be submitted in English
– Manuscripts should be prepared according to SMR’s formatting guidelines
– Manuscripts should be submitted via SMR’s online submission system
For more information about SMR and our submission guidelines, please visit our website. We look forward to receiving your submissions and continuing the interdisciplinary dialogue on service research.
Christiane Hipp & Martin Matzner (Editors-in-Chief, Journal of Service Management Research)