Department of Marketing, Innovation & Organisation (Faculty of Economics and Business Administration), at Ghent University
Assistant Professor in Service Innovation & Design
Deadline: 20 March 2023
This position, funded by the Special Research Fund, is a tenure track appointment for a period of 5 years with a focus on research and with a teaching load limited to no more than 8 ECTS credits per semester on average over a period of 3 years.
Academic education: You lecture various course units in the discipline of service management, service marketing, and/or innovation management.
Academic Research: You conduct research in the discipline of service innovation and design, so that the existing research interests of the Center for Service Intelligence are strengthened and/or complemented.
Academic services: You take part in the internal and external service provision of the Center for Service Intelligence and the department of Marketing, Innovation & Organisation.
– You have already conducted excellent academic research in the given discipline, which is clearly reflected in outstanding publications in national and internationalpeer-reviewed books and/or journals;
– You have strong methodological skills (qualitative and/or quantitative)
– You are didactically skilled to teach university students to develop academic competences;
– You must master the language of instruction in which you will teach a course at CEFR- level C1.You can demonstrate this by means of a language certificate or a diploma obtained from an institution in which that language is the language of instruction. In addition, Article II.270, §1 of the Codex of Higher Education requires that: (i) you must master the Dutch language at least at CEFR-level A2 within two years after the start of the appointment. (ii) you must be able to master the Dutch language at least at CEFR-level of B2 within five years after the start of the appointment.
– Have experience in collaborating with companies and/or governments in the context of research
– Have experience in writing research proposals and/or obtaining funding for research projects;
– Experience in supervising research and/or coaching Ph.D. students;
– International mobility, among other things thanks to research stays at institutions external to the one where you acquired your highest academic degree;
– Positively evaluated experience in provided or organised academic lecturing;
– Professionalisation of education.
Skills / Attitude
– You are collegial
– You are quality-oriented;
– You take initiative;
– You are open to new collaborations;
– You are able to work both independently and in a team;
– You have strong communication skills.
– You hold a thesis-based doctorate or a diploma or certificate that is recognised as equivalent (article V.20 Codex Higher Education).
– Upon evaluation of a foreign (non-EU) diploma, a certificate of equivalence may still have to be requested at NARIC. If this is the case, we advise you to initiate this recognition procedure as soon as possible. You are required to have the recognition no later than on the date of your appointment.
– You have at least two years of postdoctoral experience by 1 september 2023. This term of two years is determined by the date written on the above-mentioned required diploma.
We offer you a temporary appointment as an assistant professor in a tenure track system for a term of five years with a focus on research. If positively evaluated by the University Board, the term of office will be transferred into a permanent appointment as an associate professor. At that moment the time devoted to research, education and academic services may be altered.
The recruitment is from 1 september 2023.
More information about the application and ´selection procedure here.