Professor Steve Baron is stepping down from the co-editorship of Journal of Services Marketing at the end of March 2018. SERVSIG says thank you to his great service
Emerald is beginning the process of seeking a replacement to co-edit the journal with the lead editor Professor Rebekah Russell-Bennett. The journal has a 2016 impact factor of 1.811 (a rise from 1.034 in 2015) and receives over 400 submissions a year.
If you are interested in being the co-editor of the journal, and you have a senior academic role, please send a proposal to the Emerald publisher Richard Whitfield indicating how you would help take the journal forward.
In particular, we would like you to address the following points in your proposal.
• Your current leadership role in the service(s) community;
• Your experience of Associate Editorship or Editorial Advisory Board membership;
• Evidence of digital expertise and innovativeness;
• Your attendance at, and contributions to, the major service(s) conferences;
• Your networks of service(s) research colleagues;
• Your ideas on how to continue the raise in the journal impact factor.
Emerald is looking for a senior service scholar who has a demonstrated commitment to the services community and is willing to serve that community through the role of editor of a major services journal. Part of that role requires attendance at the major service conferences each year to network with other service scholars and to promote the journal. This position would preclude being associate editor or similar on other journals to enable focus of time and effort. To obtain an overview of the current editorial position and strategic direction of the journal please read the editorials listed here http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/news_story.htm?id=6340
You should also include a brief CV with your H-Index score and send your proposal to Richard Whitfield email@example.com by 22nd September 2017.